As dementia advances and needs become more complex it’s important to be prepared and know what to expect in the final stages of the journey.
At a certain point, things will become tricky and a bit risky as the person experiences increased cognitive, behavioural and physical decline.
It is a time when carers and families need to plan for sudden changes and the unexpected to navigate through a new set of challenges.
This Dementia Talks on The Final Years is for carers, family members and health professionals supporting people with dementia and their families and whānau.
Experts in dementia will share how to manage the challenging years of dementia.
- • What do the last stages of dementia look like?
- • Caring at home vs placement in care
- • Making the transition in to care
- • Or planning for the long haul at home
- • Wisdom and advice from health experts and other carers
- • End Stage Dementia
- • End of life
- • Grief and loss
- • Reinventing yourself
Join us for an informative afternoon online via zoom.