This Dementia Talks will empower both carers and people living with dementia with how to live their best life with a diagnosis of dementia.
After receiving a diagnosis of dementia and all the practical aspects have been attended to, the focus shifts to living well.
How can the person with dementia keep the belief in themselves and maintain their confidence?
As a carer how can you support them and yourself by enabling a sense of belonging, understanding and empowering quality of life?
This Dementia Talks will empower both carers and people living with dementia in how they can live their best life with a diagnosis of dementia.
Experts in dementia will provide information on:
• What the research tells us about activities and the benefit
• How does Dementia Auckland support people living with dementia, carers and families to navigate through the dementia journey
• Tips on how to support and enable a person with dementia to maintain their interests and activities
• Using technology to provide support and engagement
• How to ask for help – caring for the carer and what family and friends can do to be supportive
• Wisdom and advice from other carers
Join us for an informative afternoon either in person or online via zoom.
Secure your seat today! Visit https://www.eventbrite.co.nz/e/dementia-talks-living-your-best-life-tickets-161029119431?aff=erelexpmlt